A beautiful view outside our Villa from the Moyenne Coriniche (our street)
John taking the first of 832 stairs down to Villefranche...Sic'em! Descending is feasible; it's the post-pasta ascending hike that's killer. Regarding picture on the right... I think I was "aerating." If you don't know, you probably don't want to ask :)
Germany....
The war-torn Kaiser Wilhelm Church and the statue of Christ left standing after the war...stone tablet at His feet reads "Forgive as I have forgiven you." Wow.
Sweet, sweet time with Stephanie :)
Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Church in Berlin...Bonhoeffer was a German Theologian and activist in the Anti-Nazi movement. "The Cost Of Discipleship" is most likely his most popular writing. "Cheap grace is the mortal enemy of our church. Our struggle today is for costly grace." All his literary works took place with the background the rise of Naziism and it's corruption within the Church. Oh and in addition to being an renowned theologian, one of the founding fathers of the Lutheran church, and a significant political advocate, he was the father to many orphans during his lifetime living out the gospel in addition to contemplating it. I'd say that's challending!! Bonhoeffer was eventually executed by hanging for his Anti-nazi activism 3 weeks prior to the liberation of Berlin. This was the church where he worshipped. It was bare (to say the least) and there is no heating/cooling system. A lovely woman was there practicing on the organ. beautiful...
The Berlin Wall + graffiti art... I don't know why there were swings at the wall, but I couldn't resist.
Sweet John met me in Berlin and got to spend some time with Stephanie! This is us at the train station on another beautiful, sunny German day!
Here's a pictoral briefing of our most recent adventures..note: more extensive photo update on shutterfly at: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYtmzVy2atGL-Q
No comments:
Post a Comment